[Smwg] Simple Configuration Profiles presentation on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue May 9 17:49:03 UTC 2017

CSSMWG colleagues ---
I have uploaded the Simple Configuration Profiles  presentation from yesterday  to the CWE> CSS Area > Documents > CSS-SM > Meetings > 2017 > Spring folder at URL https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-SM/Meeting%20Materials/2017/Spring/SimpleConfigurationProfilesAndServiceProfiles-170509.pptx

The presentation contains material for which there wasn't time to discuss yesterday. In particular, slides 4 -10 summarize material in the Requirements for Simple Configuration Profiles and Service Agreements Tech Note regarding justification for deciding the minimal required information content for simplified configuration profiles. Slides 22 - 42 discuss the specific candidate Space Link Service Profiles. Again, this material is also found in the Tech Note.

I also corrected a few slides based on our discussion yesterday. Slide 20 now shows the correct mapping of the example SMURF Service Package Request to the Simple Schedule. Slides 20 and 21 show that mapping into the Service Package Result, as it is now understood following today's discussion of the Service Package Result. [JP - Please verify that I've got this right].

Finally, I inserted a new slide (15), Multi-Service Configuration Profiles vs. Multiple Single-Service Configuration Profiles, that summarize (to my thinking) the relative pros and cons of creating a Service Package Request using one configuration profile that contains multiple space link service profiles vs. using multiple configuration profiles, each of which contains a single space link service profile.

Best regards,
John