[Smwg] Next draft XFDU for TGFT Tech Note

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Mar 1 13:20:21 UTC 2017

CSSMWG colleagues -
Attached is the next draft version of the XFDU for TGFT Tech Note. I am delivering it as an attachment rather than the normal posting to the CWE bacause the CWE is unavailable for uploads until the end of this week.

This draft refines and modifies some of the material in the previous version. One addition that I hope that you will find useful is a set of diagrams that illustrate both the "full" XFDU schema elements and attributes and the simplified subset that applies to TGFT. Also, this version includes the proposed normative construction rules for TGFT XFDUs. Lastly, Annex A contains an example XFDU Package, with an XFDU Manifest XML document for that XFDU Package. The XFDU Manifest file does validate against the XFDU schema.

Again, I want to emphasize that at this point this represents my findings and proposals, and there are still a number of open issues, which I hope I have flagged adequately throughout the document. I request the review comments be provided back to me by April 1 (one month from tomorrow), so that I might have adequate time to reflect on them, respond accordingly, and fold the results into a next version of the Tech Note and the draft TGFT specification (as appropriate) in time for the San Antonio meeting.

Best regards,
John