[Smwg] Inputs for PIF

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 28 23:15:48 UTC 2017

CSSM Colleagues,

Some comments and questions are in the attached spreadsheet. These come from thinking about the prototyping and producing a CCSDS PIF based on current planning information that is generated within the DSN.

Not in the spreadsheet but somewhat implied is the ability to add some annotation data to the event (for example of regard to the comment on the elevation ascending to indicate perhaps the semantics of clearing the particular elevation degree).  Also, the current PIF UML diagram has the notion of extension just being a parameter/value pair. Perhaps that is okay, but I think we probably should take a step back and look at the extension techniques that were developed for the SSF and see if they apply for the PIF, and to the SMURF for that matter as well.

I propose that we discussed this briefly at the teleconference tomorrow.