[Smwg] SMURF: Aperture Constraints

Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de
Tue Dec 6 14:58:46 UTC 2016

Hi Colin (again),

One issue which we also have during implementation is the question about Antenna Constraints.

Maybe I do not have the newest version of the SMURF (and I do not remember what we all discussed in details in between) but currently (version I have 0.03) the antenna constraints have three parameters:

-          SiteRef [1]

-          AntennaRef [1]

-          Priority [0..1]

This means, while requesting something, and when trying to select station, I need to select antenna?
In my opinion it should be AntennaRef [0..1], for the case someone likes to select station, and let the station define which antenna (if multiple available) will be used.

Another issue, for which I do not find solution anywhere, is the dependencies in case one puts in request constraints with multiple site/antenna. How it is handled than? Is it an "and" or "or"? Example:

Request(constraints(antenna(site,antenna),antenna(site,antenna),other constraints))
(btw. Cool inline notation, huh?)

Maybe we did not discussed that in such detail yet, but during our development we touch on such small problems/questions and according to the existing draft of the standard do not find the solution.

Marcin