[Smwg] CSS User Registry should not be limited to Spacecraft Idenfier registry

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 2 19:59:39 UTC 2015

Folks,

>From the recent CESG meeting I have the action to update the SCID (and MACAO) registry documents.  One intent on my part, aside from creating agency, member, affiliate, point of contact, representative registries that could be re-used as needed, was also to add unique OIDs for all of the objects that get registered, whether organizations, persons, facilities, or spacecraft.

A part of that is to propose that each requrest for a SCID registration would also assign an OID.  The SCIDs must be "relinquished" when the S/C is no longer in operation.  The OID would be permanently assigned.  Furthermore, I am proposing that we can assign an OID without assigning a SCID.  This handles those situations you identifid and also would allow us to register things like CubeSats that do not use CCSDS space link protocols, but still may use CCSDS agency space comm assets.

Does this make sense to you guys?

See attached DRAFT edits to the SCID and MACAO docs that include these features and updates to the (largely existent) SANA registry definitions..

Regards, Peter