[Smwg] Registries for Simple Schedule. (Our action from yesterdays webex)

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Wed Apr 15 13:21:19 UTC 2015

Hi John,
                 currently in the Simple Schedule book the following
repositories are identified;

   SCCS-SM originatingOrganization
   SCCS-SM user (which cross-references the SANA Spacecraft Identifiers
   Registry)
   SCCS-SM stationAndAntennaRef

Now I've had a look at the SANA procedures yellow book and can't see anything
related to naming conventions so it looks like we're relatively free in that
respect. I've also had a look at what the nav and data archive guys are doing
with thier XML schemas in the registry and they're putting all the schemas
under one registry (as you're probably aware). This being the case I suggest
the following approach;

for the Schemas we create the following registry;

SCCS-SM Data Entity XML Schemas - this would have the following structure;

File                    Description
Reference
The schema file [Type: FILE]  A textual description of the schema purpose
[Type:: STRING*1024]    Reference number of the appropriate book where the
schema is defined [Type: STRING*16]

for the registries from the Simple Schedule book I'd rename these slightly to
remove the concatenation/camel case (will need a minor edit to the book) such
that these become;

SCCS-SM Originating Organization
SCCS-SM User
SCCS-SM Station and Antenna Reference

This approach should be extensible to handle any other registries that  we
are likely to come up with in the scope of Service Management. Only question
I have (and perhaps Erik and Margherita can comment on this) is whether it is
better to use the Area, rather than the working group as the initial
identifier (i.e. replace SCCS-SM in the above registry names with CSS). The
latter approach would perhaps be more consistent with maintaining the
registries/schemas at Area level as has been discussed.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow,