[Smwg] questions and comments regarding the srvMgmtEntityType parameter of the SrvMgtInfoEntity class

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Apr 7 17:12:35 UTC 2015

Colin,
I've started to update the Simple Schedule schemas and have some questions and comments about the 14 enumerated values of the srvMgmtEntityType parameter of the SrvMgtInfoEntity class defined in Table A-1:

-   ACCOUNTING_REP

-   CONFIG_PROFILE

-   COST_ESTIMATES .

-   EVENT_SEQUENCE

-   PLANNING_REQUEST

-   PROVISIONAL_PLAN

-   RES_AVAILABILITY

-   SERV_PACKAGE

-   SERV_PACKAGE_EXE

-   SERV_PACKAGE_REQ

-   SERVICE AGREEMENT

-   SERVICE_CATALOG

-   SIMPLE_SCHEDULE

-  TRAJ_PREDICTION

In addition to the Info Entity types enumerated above, the Concept Green Book also lists the following 4 Info Entity types:

-   COMMUNICATIONS GEOMETRY

-   SUSTAINABLE DATA RATES & VOLUME ESTIMATES

-   RADIO FREQUENCY INTERFERENCE

-   RESOURCE CONFLICTS

Perhaps these items were discussed in Pasadena when I was not present and some decision was made to exclude them from the enumerated set, and if that's the case please accept my apologies for re-raising old business. If the idea is that these types will be packaged together in an omnibus information entity (e.g., a "planning data" information entity) then (a) such an entity should be listed in the enumerated values and (b) the Cost Estimates and Resource Availability info entities seem to be likely candidates for rolling into that new information entity.

Second, I suggest that full names be used to eliminate ambiguity. I scratched my head for a minute or two until I realized that SERV_PACKAGE_EXE was the designation for  SERVICE PACKAGE EXECUTION EVENT NOTIFICATION.  Since the srvMgmtEntityType parameter appears only once in every info entity instance, there shouldn't be an issue about wasted data volume.

Finally, to follow the convention established for the enumeration values, there should be an underscore in "SERVICE AGREEMENT".

Best regards,
John