[SLS] If you want to keep short the (virtual) SLS Area Plenary Meeting for Huntsville...

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed May 20 12:13:52 UTC 2020

... please forward  to Gilles and me the slides for your WG at your
earliest convenience.

This is essential to keep short our  (virtual) SLS Area Plenary Meeting on
Tuesday 26 May.

Best regards & stay healthy

Gian Paolo

From:   Gian Paolo Calzolari/esoc/ESA
To:     "SLS - Space Link Services Area" <sls at mailman.ccsds.org>
Date:   22-04-20 14:10
Subject:        [SLS] Planning a (virtual) SLS Area Plenary Meeting for
Huntsville: [CESG] Fw: Approach for virtual Technical Meetings to replace
the CCSDS Spring Meeting in Huntsville

Dear All,
        I would like to start thinking about Planning a (virtual) SLS Area
Plenary Meeting for Huntsville.

As you see from the mail below, there no firm CESG decision about the
Spring (virtual) Meetings.
I think the only thing that is sure is that there will be no (virtual)
Opening Plenary.
I am sure you are all very sad for this....

Something clearer should be reported by Margherita by the end of the week
(and I will keep you posted), however there will be for sure  a CESG
Meeting with reporting by Areas.
I would expect this CESG Meeting to be in the last week of May, but I
cannot bet on it and therefore the schedule for WG reporting could be
affected.

I would like to save everybody from a (long) SLS Area Plenary Meeting in
telecon if not strictly needed.
Therefore I would start with the following suggestion
1) each WG completing their electronic meeting should forward ASAP to
Gilles and me the relevant slides for the usual reporting
2) Gilles and I interact (as usual) with WG chairs for refinement of each
individual report
3) Once the interaction in #2 above is concluded for a given WG, that WG
report is forwarded to SLS Mailing list for comments
4) hopefully the comments gathered can be solved via e-mail
5) Finally an electronic SLS Plenary meeting can/should be held for
controversial issues or wrap up. Clearly to keep this meeting very short
and focused, previous proper e-mail interaction will be essential

That's my initial idea.
Comments are welcome

Regards and stay safe and healthy

Gian Paolo