[SLS] Fw: [Sls-rfm] CCSDS RFM WG Spring meeting - comments received on DDOR inputs - status as of 6 April

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Fri May 8 08:01:19 UTC 2020

Resolution also in CWE as usual.

Regards

Gian Paolo

PS 2020 Resolutions are at
https://cwe.ccsds.org/sls/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fsls%2Fdocs%2FSLS%20Area%2FSLS%20Resolutions%2F2020%2DSLS%2DResolutions&View=%7BAE8FB44C%2DE80A%2D42CF%2D8558%2DFB495ABB675F%7D&

----- Forwarded by Gian Paolo Calzolari/esoc/ESA on 08-05-20 09:59 -----

From:   Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int
To:     sls-rfm at mailman.ccsds.org
Cc:     "Volk, Christopher P\(US 335D\)"
<christopher.p.volk at jpl.nasa.gov>, "Border, James S\(US 335D\)"
<james.s.border at jpl.nasa.gov>
Date:   06-05-20 10:47
Subject:        [Sls-rfm] CCSDS RFM WG Spring meeting - comments received
on DDOR inputs - status as of 6 April
Sent by:        "SLS-RFM" <sls-rfm-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>

Dear All,

for what concerns the DDOR input papers (dealing with REC 2.5.7B) to be
discussed at the Spring meeting, the following four sets of comments plus
one full input document (SLS-RFM_20-03) were submitted:

1. Comments by Wai on adding predistortion in considerings and recommends
2. Comments by Enrico on several recommends
3. Comments by Shannon and Victor on PN terminology (subset of doc
CS_20-03)
4. Comments by Andrea and Giovanni on several considerings and recommends
5. ESA input paper SLS-RFM_20-03 on 2 dB vs 1 dB flatness, flexibility on
chip rates, subcarrier frequencies, roll-off factors,  definition of SRRC
shaping

I have agreed with DDOR chair (Jim) the following course of actions:

A) Prepare and submit a detailed response to all raised issues
B) Prepare and submit the resulting revised version of REC 2.5.7B (and
2.5.6B if alignment needed)

The DDOR WG is trying to finalize tasks A and B. Jim with Christopher and
myself with Dennis already exchanged several emails on this, and assuming
we can reach agreement on 2, these tasks may be completed this week.
I would then give the RFM WG two weeks to make sure we all agree with the
proposed changes and that the authors of the comments are satisfied by the
After that, I will initiate agency review of 2.5.7B along with the other
recommendations (as applicable) on freeze since the Fall 2019 meeting.

There is a catch though. Comments raised by 3 concern several other
recommendations and books, some under C&S WG and two under SLP WG. It
would be wise to study the proposal also from an overall impact point of
view and take a global SLS area decision at the next face-to-face meeting
in Toulouse.
With the normal CCSDS timeline, the agency review of 2.5.7B will most
likely terminate shortly before the Toulouse meeting where RIDs
disposition will take place. I propose that we consider the changes
stemming from discussion of input 3, if any, as editorials so that we can
insert them in Toulouse before sending the recommendation out for
publication.

I noted that the C&S WG chair recommended the same path for item 3 and
that also DDOR WG chair agreed to this.

Please let me know if you have problems with the proposed way forward.

Regards, Enrico
This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may
contain proprietary information and/or
protected content. Any unauthorised disclosure, use, retention or
dissemination is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. ESA applies
appropriate organisational measures to protect
personal data, in case of data privacy queries, please contact the ESA
Data Protection Officer (dpo at esa.int).