[Sls-slp] Does SDLS apply to USLP truncated transfer frame ?

Moury Gilles Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr
Tue Oct 27 11:13:21 UTC 2020

Dear Greg,

Sorry for not being able to join the SLP meeting yesterday but I had another meeting at the same time that lasted more than scheduled.

For the issue you raised concerning the applicability of SDLS to truncated USLP frames, I will add it to the discussion of the SDLS WG on Wednesday. My feeling is that, also security would be needed on those emergency commands, the fact that minimum length for Security Header is something like 6 octets (TC baseline mode for SDLS) and minimum length for Security Trailer is something like 16 octets (TC baseline mode for SDLS) would make it :

-          impossible to fit a truncated USLP Transfer Frame into a 7 octets BCH codeblock (truncated USLP Transfer Frame header is 5 octets leaving only 2 octets for data field)

-          only possible to fit a truncated USLP Transfer Frame into a 32 octets LDPC codeblock (leaving only 27 octets for data field – 22 octets being taken by Security and Trailer)
We will discuss it further with the SDLS WG. I do not know whether shorter Security Header and Trailer can be envisioned for those emergency commands carried in truncated USLP Transfer Frames.

See you (virtually) this afternoon for the SLP webmeeting. I will provide input for the TM and AOS pink sheets regarding MCID/VCID validation in order to align TM/AOS with TC/USLP regarding this validation.

Best regards,

Gilles

Gilles MOURY
CNES Toulouse