[Sls-slp] Does SDLS apply to USLP truncated transfer frame ?

Kazz, Greg J (US 312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 26 17:45:07 UTC 2020

Dear Gilles and SLDS WG,

SLP WG has a question regarding the application of the SDLS protocol to truncated USLP Transfer Frames.
These truncated frames are envisioned for very short length telecommands or forward link Proximity-1 link commanding. This frame type provides backward compatibility with TC hardware commands or immediate commands. These commands are typically 2 octets long. We envision the truncated USLP frame length to be between 8 and 32 octets.
In that context, does it make sense for SDLS header and possibly SDLS trailer to apply to the USLP truncated frame.

The discussion of the proposed non-use of SDLS for truncated USLP frames is mentioned in Chapter 6, specifically  in Section 6.3.2. The definition of the truncated USLP frame is in Annex G of the attached draft document

The SLP WG did not think SDLS should be applicable to truncated USLP frames, but we would like your opinion on this matter.

Chair SLP WG