[Sls-slp] Proposed solution to "No Limit on Expedited Frame Repetitions in USLP"

Kazz, Greg J (US 312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 17 17:38:24 UTC 2019

Dear SLP,

I have received feedback from Matt Cosby which I have incorporated into draft pink sheets with the word revisions feature turned on, so that you can see them. The rationale for the changes are as follows:

  1.  In USLP 2.1.2.4
TO: “Expedited In COP-1, Type BC Transfer Frames are used to send Control Commands from the FOP to the FARM. In Proximity-1, a Type-1 Supervisory Protocol Data Unit (SPDU) is used to send Control Commands from FOP-P to the FARM-P. Only the user of the COPs Management Service (see 2.2.4.9) is allowed to send Control Commands.”

** The word ‘also’ which appeared twice was removed. Also changed, “used to send a Control Commands” to “used to send Control Commands”. The use of the word ‘also’ in this context adds no value**

  1.  In USLP 4.2.10.8, you are requesting the following change which I added to in blue below:
TO: When reference [6] is used as the Synchronization and Channel Coding Sublayer, the All Frames Generation Function may request the Synchronization and Channel Coding Sublayer to perform systematic retransmissions repeated transmissions of a data unit i.e. “systematic retransmissions” as described in 2.4.2, unless the data unit contains a USLP Frame carrying service data on the Expedited Service (i.e. a type BD frame).
** It would be easier to change the 732.1 and 232.0 books to match 231.0, however given that we cannot, the best thing to do is provide linkage between them: a) we must use the term ‘repeated transmissions’ when referring back to 231.0 – that is why we make the first change in RED above. b) We must use the term ‘systematic retransmissions’ when referring back to 232.0 – ego the 2nd change in BLUE. c) This sentence provides the only link between the two terms used in the two documents so we need it for that linkage. **

Please see the last file added today 12-17-19 with the “+UKSA” appended to the end of the filename. https://tinyurl.com/sbdeh3w

Your comments are welcome.

Best regards and happy holidays!
Greg Kazz