[Sls-slp] Results of Discussion with Takahiro Yamada on Revising SPP Blue Book

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Tue Jan 30 13:54:51 UTC 2018

Greg,
        what we have to be sure it captured in our CCSDS  books is the
following situation (e.g. for a TM/AOS link)
There multiple sources generating packet contents and asking creation of
packets
Those packets are created with different APIDs depending on the source
Those different APIDs shall be multiplexed to produce a single packet
stream:
This single packet stream is then injected in in a VC

It is then correct that "The current AOS SDLP version i.e., CCSDS
732.0-B-3 Sept 2015 is agnostic about “packet channels”  and “Individual
CCSDS packets from multiple sources” (implying multiple APIDs). It is
really only concerned about multiplexing of packets with different PVNs
onto VCs." In fact AOS would only see that single stream.

All the rest shall be done above the SDLP.

We shall check also what we lost with respect to CCSDS 103.0-B-2 (now
silver) where there was a nice picture for which I attach a detail.
Another document to be checked for losses is CCSDS 203.0-B-2 and even FSP
that mention APID multiplexing if I remember well.

Finally we shall verify all fits within the encapsulation service.

Ciao

Gian Paolo