[Sls-slp] Results of Discussion with Takahiro Yamada on Revising SPP Blue Book

Kazz, Greg J (312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 29 21:57:12 UTC 2018

John,

Thanks for this follow on explanation – it helps a lot.
I think the restructuring in 2000 removed that underlined bit of information you mentioned here. The current AOS SDLP version i.e., CCSDS 732.0-B-3 Sept 2015 is agnostic about “packet channels”  and “Individual CCSDS packets from multiple sources” (implying multiple APIDs). It is really only concerned about multiplexing of packets with different PVNs onto VCs.

I know of many missions that assign different APIDs to a given VCID on the downlink. So I would never want to eliminate that capability. But given how the current SPP defines the SPP Packet Service, I have a very hard time understanding how to actually create an interoperable implementation.

Greg