[Sls-slp] Your comments on Normative Annex E: Version-3 to Version-4 mapping

Kazz, Greg J (312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 22 19:56:30 UTC 2016

Dear SLP WG members,

I would like to receive your comments on the attached Word file containing a proposed normative Annex to USLP RED book.
We discussed this concept in Rome. The idea was to provide a normative Annex to USLP Blue Book that would describe the relationship between the Version-3 (Prox-1) transfer frame and the Version-4 (USLP) frame. This mapping would provide the users the necessary information to utilize the Version-4 frame over the existing Proximity-1 Space Data Link Protocol with the exception that the Version-4 frame would have to be added to the existing Proximity-1 Space Data Link Protocol Blue book (CCSDS 211.0-B-5) as a reference only to the emerging USLP BB.

Please take a look at this word file and let me know your comments. My plan will be to hold a webex teleconference in the near future on it and any other USLP issues such as the updated USLP GB once it goes out for review soon again.

P.S. I will also place this file on the CWE SLP WG folder under the San Antonio 2017 meeting.

Chairman SLP WG