[Sls-slp] COP-1 with mixed protocols - RE: March 8 Telecon #4 Meeting Minutes now on CWE

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Thu Mar 10 08:36:45 UTC 2016

Greg,
        with respect to the COPs I think we need some discussion in
Cleveland at least to fix some ideas/decisions.
In addition to what Tomaso asks, we may want to point out about COP-1
usage vs. protocols.
Clearly the CLCW has a 6 bits VC identifier to it can report about data
received either within a TC frame or via a USLP Frame as both of them have
the same size VC identifier.
In other words it is possible to have a link with TC Frames in Uplink and
USLP Frames in downlink as well as having a link with USLP Frames in both
directions.
This may need to be verified, agreed and spelled out in the document.

Another point is that it looks as USLP Managed Parametrs have nothing
about usage with Proximity-1 and COP-P.
This is clearly an inheratanche from the fact that Proximity-1
unfortunately has no (formal) section for Managed Parameters.
STill there is the need of importing/defining some USLP managed parameter
for usage with Proximity-1 and COP-P (e.g. PLCW_Repeat_Interval, PLCW
Timer, etc.).
I fear this task may be a little more complex to the "catch all" nature of
Proximity-1 SDLP book and an action may need to be assigned and, at the
very extreme, the need for a Magenta may be investigated.

In general USLP docs just says:
The use of either the COP-1, or COP-P procedures are optional and both are
compatible with the USLP. The Protocol Data Units (CLCW for COP-1 and PLCW
for COP-P) and operational procedures for both COP-1 and COP-P are not
identical but similar and are transparent to USLP.

It may be an Annex could clarify how they are supposed to work with USLP.

It may a dedicated agenda (sub)point about USLP vs. COPs should be added.

Regards

Gian Paolo