[Sls-slp] RE: March 8 Telecon #4 Meeting Minutes now on CWE

Tomaso.deCola at dlr.de Tomaso.deCola at dlr.de
Wed Mar 9 13:02:21 UTC 2016

Greg,

Just a clarification about the field transporting the protocol identifiers. In the past weeks, we discussed with Ed, Gian Paolo and Keith about the large space allocated so far (8+5 bits) and somehow agreed that we can simply have 8 bits (256 combinations are enough to account all different protocol and extensions where applicable) and leave the remaining 5 (which help for 32-bits alignment) as reserved. However, I cannot see this point reflected in the current version of the book. If this solution could be implemented in the book, then we could use any of the 5-reseved bits to bring information about the COP stuff, without mixing together COP and proto identifiers in the 8 bits field.

Best Regards,

Tomaso

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Communications and Navigation | Satellite Networks | Oberpfaffenhofen | 82234 Wessling | Germany
Tomaso de Cola, Ph.D.
Telefon +49 8153 28-2156 | Telefax  +49 8153 28-2844 | tomaso.decola at dlr.de<mailto:tomaso.decola at dlr.de>
http://www.dlr.de/kn/institut/abteilungen/san