[Sls-slp] [SLP] Some rewording for selected sections of Chapter 2 of the USLP draft Blue Book

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Thu Feb 11 15:11:47 UTC 2016

Dear Greg,
        can you please in the Agenda for the next USLP Telecon/Meeting the
discussion of the the attached file containing Some rewording for selected
sections of Chapter 2 of the USLP draft Blue Book?

The comments included on the side try to explain the rational for the
proposed rewording.
I also think that two explicit questions shall be made to the SLP WG; i.e.
1) Shall USLP retain the TC Coding capability that a protocol data unit
transferred can contain several frames?
The fact that TC coding allows it does not exclude a possible limitation
on the USLP side (e.g. SLE FSP explicitly forbids the option of including
several TC frames in a CLTU).
Note that I have no position on this topic, but we shall remeber that
several frames in a CLTU do decrease performances.
2) Shall any reference to Proximity-1 coding be removed from the USLP Blue
Book as long as there is no agreed adaptation for that blue book?

Best regards

Gian Paolo