[Sls-slp] USLP Section 2.4 Restrictions on Services

Kazz, Greg J (312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 6 15:43:49 UTC 2016

Dear SLP WG,

There is an open question concerning Section 2.4 Restrictions on Services within the USLP White Book specification.

Do these restrictions below still apply to USLP ? What is the motivation for them ? If we cannot generate valid reasons for keeping them, I recommend we remove them. Please comment.

Best regards,
Greg

2.2.4     Restrictions on Services
There are some restrictions on the services provided on a Physical Channel, as follows:

a)     On one Physical Channel, the Insert service shall not exist simultaneously with the Virtual Channel Frame or Master Channel Frame service.

b)    If the Master Channel Frame Service exists on a Master Channel, other services shall not exist simultaneously on that Master Channel.

c)     If the Virtual Channel Frame Service exists on a Virtual Channel, other services shall not exist simultaneously on that Virtual Channel.

d)    If the Virtual Channel Octet Stream Service exists on a Virtual Channel, other services shall not exist on that Virtual Channel.

e)     On one MAP Channel, the MAP Access Service shall not exist simultaneously with the MAP Packet Service.