[Sls-slp] RE: Order of Processing COP-1 and SDLS

Moury Gilles Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr
Thu Mar 14 17:06:51 UTC 2013

Dear Greg,

Please find attached the additions I propose to the TC-SDLP book to avoid users implementing the wrong order of processing between SDLS and "frame error detection" by TC-SDLP. In fact, the only forbidden configuration for interfacing SDLS function with TC-SDLP functions is interfacing SDLS with "All Frame Generation" at the sending end and "All Frame Reception" at the receiving end. This guarantee that, at the receiving end, transmission errors are detected and impacted frames discarded first , before SDLS processes the frames, which satisfies our security requirement that transmission errors should be unambiguously separated from security errors.

I have therefore introduced an additional text in sections 6.3.1 and 6.4.1 to forbid this configuration (see attached redlined file). I think it covers the point. All comments are welcome.

Best regards,

Gilles

Gilles MOURY
CNES Toulouse