[Sls-slp] Proposed new TC Sections 6.3 and 6.4 containing the SDLS option

Kazz, Greg J (313B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 30 23:49:35 UTC 2013

Dear SLP and SDLP WGs,

Attached please find my draft response to the SLP action item from the SDLS WG meeting regarding updating the TC Space Data Link Protocol in Sections 6.3 Sending End Procedures with SDLS option and 6.4 Receiving End Procedures with SDLS option. (The TM and AOS sections will follow once we have reached consensus on TC.)

I believe I have followed the collective wisdom of the two group's inputs in this update. I eliminated the SDLS error flag, added the order of processing diagram, and supplied the descriptive text for it.  I made one deviation from the results of our meeting, which was to eliminate the previous 6c and 6d diagrams. I think this diagram along with the text now unambiguously specifies the interface between TC (including the COP) and SDLS. Therefore, I don't think we need to repeat the old 6c nor 6d diagrams.

But I leave it up to you to correct me if I am wrong.

Best regards,

Greg

EEISE Group Supervisor
Systems Engineering Section (Section 313)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena  CA 91109
MS 301-490
(818) 393-6529 (office)