[Sls-slp] Prox-1 PICS Proforma

Kazz, Greg J (313B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 15 23:23:26 UTC 2011

Gian-Paolo,

Based upon the recommendation of the CCSDS Mars Mission Protocol Profiles--Purpose and Rationale.  Green Book. Issue 1. July 2008. CCSDS 740.0-G-1, namely in Section 4.2  that “All relevant protocol specifications should include a Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS) proforma. Having benefited from the initial work that Dai Stanton did on these profiles, I have completed a draft PICS for each of the 3 Proximity-1 Blue books.

Needless to say, the PICS for the entire Prox-1 protocol suite (Physical, Coding&Sync sublayer, Data Link) have been lacking  and missions have been desiring this information. Therefore I think it appropriate that the PICs be reviewed within the context of the current on-going 5-year review for each of these documents.

I also recommend that the PICs once reviewed and approved by the corresponding WGs and joint WGs become a normative Annex in each of the layered specifications.

Being the SLS-SLP WG chairman, I will place the proposed PICs for the Data Link Layer in the CWE and request that the other chairman do the same for the other PICs.

Best regards,

Greg