[Sls-slp] RE: TC commanding

Hooke, Adrian J (9000) adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Oct 17 23:07:04 UTC 2009

> The packet service from my point of view is little more than moving the framing and COP implementation to a central site.
> Its not a network service nor the users of such a service need a network service.

Actually "Packet Service" IS a Network layer service, and the mission users in fact *do* need a Network layer service to get their data onto the space link. But this Network layer service is implemented by moving an Application layer SDU (the Space Packet) over another Application layer service (SLE) over a real Network layer service (IP) to finally get to the space Link layer.

///a