[Sls-slp] CCSDS IP Compression Extension Pink Sheet for Review

Kazz, Greg J greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 23 19:35:14 UTC 2009

All,

Attached (and soon to appear in both the SLS-SLP and SIS-IPO public folders on the CWE) is the updated version (based upon Agencies comments received as part of the CCSDS Agency review) of the CCSDS IP Compression Extension (IPE) pink sheet. I plan to discuss the pink sheet at both the SIS IP over CCSDS meeting on Monday April 20 and at the SLS-SLP meeting on Friday April 24 in Colorado Springs. The comments for the most part provide clarification of the text. The only addition to the list of enumerations is ID #35 for support of FRF.20 Frame Relay IP Header Control protocol messages.  Like in all the other cases, IP PDUs are pre-pended with the ICE header, then encapsulated into a CCSDS encapsulation packet which is fed into the CCSDS data link layer.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments.

best regards,

Greg Kazz
Chairman CCSDS SLS-SLP, SIS-IPO