[Sls-slp] CCSDS Link Layer needs to reference Encapsulation Service

Greg Kazz greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 11 22:01:17 UTC 2008

SLS-SLP WG members,

Please take a look at the following proposal to update the CCSDS AOS
Space Data Link protocol, TC Space Data Link Protocol, TM Space Data
Link Protoco, and Proximity-1 Space Data link protocol with a
normative reference to the CCSDS Encapsulation Service.

During restructuring of the CCSDS link layer documents, a placeholder
was left in the AOS Space Data link protocol as a reminder that when
the Encapsulation Service becomes a blue book, a normative reference
to it needs to be documented. However, since the Encapsulation
Service became blue in June 2006, a corresponding update to the Link
Layer documents didn't occur. This was an oversight on our part,
however, we can correct it at our upcoming meeting. So now I urgently
ask you to review the proposed change in the word document attached,
so that at our Spring meeting, we can create an expedited resolution
to add these changes to those already proposed for adoption by the
SLS area and CESG.

best regards,

Greg Kazz
SLS-SLP WG Chairman