[Sls-slp] Fwd: Re: 1-page pink sheet Encapsulation Service

Greg Kazz greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 5 16:47:01 UTC 2007

Dear SLS-SLP WG,

Attached is a pink Sheet proposal (attached as a PDF file)  to the current
version of the Encapsulation Service (see
http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/133x1b1c1.pdf for the current
blue book version).

Paragraph 4.2.2.4 Length of Length Field in the Encapsulation Service in
the Encapsulation Service is misleading. I believe most users would
misinterpret the current text on how to fill the remaining bytes of a
transfer frame by using multiple one-byte fill packets. However, this
change points out, that from an efficiency point of view, one can simply
create one larger (than one byte) fill encapsulation packet to fill the
remainder of the transfer frame.

Please let me know if you have any comments/concerns about this proposal.

best regards,

Greg Kazz

Chairman CCSDS SLS-SLP WG