[Sls-sea-dls] SDLS EP GVCID Issues

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Mon Jul 15 09:04:52 UTC 2019

David,
        I am mot sure I fully capture your issue/doubts.
There are indeed different definitions sometimes coming ether from real
difference (TM and AOS do not have MAPs) or from some different
terminology for historical reasons.

The general definition is indeed GVCID = TFVN + SCID + VCID & GMAPID =
TFVN + SCID + VCID + MAPID with the caveat that the MAP Identifies may not
exist and that the total length depends on the applied standard.
Implementers need to implement it with some caution.

The mapping between USLP and Proximity is due - as far as I remember -
that Proximity-1 never really defined a GVCID.

Greg & Matt, copied here, may add more comments.

Note also tat there a pending corrigendum (not yet on web but approved)
for  CCSDS 320.0-M-7    CCSDS Spacecraft Identification Field Code
Assignment Control Procedures. Magenta Book. Issue 7. November 2017.

Regards

Gian Paolo