[Sls-rng] Question on SLS resolution

Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int
Wed May 26 11:04:39 EDT 2004

FYI, Enrico

----- Forwarded by Enrico Vassallo/esoc/ESA on 26/05/2004 16:52 -----
|--------+------------------------>
|        |          Jean-Luc      |
|        |          Gerner        |
|        |                        |
|        |          25/05/2004    |
|        |          18:24         |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  |      To:     Enrico Vassallo/esoc/ESA at ESA                                  |
  |      cc:                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     Question on SLS resolution                               |

Enrico,
CNES at CMC requested that the editorial changes go through agency review. No
choice!

Jean-Luc Gerner
TEC-ETT
Tel: +31 71 565 4473
----- Forwarded by Jean-Luc Gerner/estec/ESA on 25/05/2004 17:23 -----
|--------+----------------------------->
|        |          "Adrian J. Hooke"  |
|        |          <adrian.j.hooke at jpl|
|        |          .nasa.gov>         |
|        |                             |
|        |          25/05/2004 14:58   |
|        |                             |
|--------+----------------------------->
  |       To:     Jean-Luc Gerner <Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int>                    |
  |       cc:                                                                  |
  |       Subject:     Question on SLS resolution                              |

          RESOLUTION 1 (from SLS-RFM)
     RFM WG resolves to submit editorially updated recommendations to CCSDS
     Editor via SLS AD for incorporation into 401;
Jean-Luc: CNES has asked that these be submitted as pink Sheets for final Agency
review. I thought that you stated that they had already been reviewed?
----- Forwarded by Jean-Luc Gerner/estec/ESA on 25/05/2004 17:23 -----
|--------+------------------------>
|        |          Jean-Luc      |
|        |          Gerner        |
|        |                        |
|        |          25/05/2004    |
|        |          16:48         |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  |      To:     "Adrian J. Hooke" <adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>               |
  |      cc:                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     Re: Question on SLS resolution(Document link: Jean-Luc   |
  |      Gerner)                                                               |

Adrian,

The changes were made at the RF & Mod WG meeting of May 2004. They are editorial
and concern 23 recommendations of the RF&Mod loose-leaf Blue Book. The WG
members, including the CNES representative, agreed that because of the editorial
nature no formal agency review would be needed. I checked them and agreed with
the WG conclusions. It is just a matter of saving on administrative effort.

Now, if the CMC requires a formal agency review, it is feasible.

let me know.
Best regards
Jean-Luc Gerner
TEC-ETT
Tel: +31 71 565 4473

|--------+----------------------------->
|        |          "Adrian J. Hooke"  |
|        |          <adrian.j.hooke at jpl|
|        |          .nasa.gov>         |
|        |                             |
|        |          25/05/2004 14:58   |
|        |                             |
|--------+----------------------------->
  |       To:     Jean-Luc Gerner <Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int>                    |
  |       cc:                                                                  |
  |       Subject:     Question on SLS resolution                              |

          RESOLUTION 1 (from SLS-RFM)
     RFM WG resolves to submit editorially updated recommendations to CCSDS
     Editor via SLS AD for incorporation into 401;
Jean-Luc: CNES has asked that these be submitted as pink Sheets for final Agency
review. I thought that you stated that they had already been reviewed?

----- Forwarded by Jean-Luc Gerner/estec/ESA on 25/05/2004 17:23 -----
|--------+----------------------------->
|        |          "Adrian J. Hooke"  |
|        |          <adrian.j.hooke at jpl|
|        |          .nasa.gov>         |
|        |                             |
|        |          25/05/2004 17:04   |
|        |                             |
|--------+----------------------------->
  |       To:     Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int                                      |
  |       cc:     "Adrian J. Hooke" <Adrian.J.Hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>              |
  |       Subject:     Re: Question on SLS resolution                          |

Jean-Marc Soula of CNES (who will take over as CNES rep. to CMC in the
Fall) indicated that his CNES people told him that the "editorial" changes
should be reviewed by the Agencies.

///a

----- Forwarded by Jean-Luc Gerner/estec/ESA on 25/05/2004 17:23 -----
|--------+------------------------>
|        |          Jean-Luc      |
|        |          Gerner        |
|        |                        |
|        |          25/05/2004    |
|        |          17:22         |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  |      To:     "Adrian J. Hooke" <adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>               |
  |      cc:                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     Re: Question on SLS resolution(Document link: Jean-Luc   |
  |      Gerner)                                                               |

I will ask the WG chair to have these new recs prepared as pink sheets.

Jean-Luc Gerner
TEC-ETT
Tel: +31 71 565 4473

|        |          "Adrian J. Hooke"  |
|        |          <adrian.j.hooke at jpl|
|        |          .nasa.gov>         |
|        |          25/05/2004 17:04   |