[Sls-rfm] Proposed change to PN Ranging BB (414x1b2)+gpc.doc

Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int
Wed May 12 15:49:23 UTC 2021

Dear Tom,

here's the resulting document.

Regards, Enrico

From:   "Thomas Gannett" <thomas.gannett at tgannett.net>
To:     <Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int>, <Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int>
Cc:     "'Lee, Dennis K\(332G\)'" <dennis.k.lee at jpl.nasa.gov>,
<Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr>
Date:   12/05/21 17:28
Subject:        RE: Proposed change to PN Ranging BB (414x1b2)+gpc.doc

Agreed.

Logothete, L.L.C.
thomas.gannett at tgannett.net
+1 443 472 0805

From: Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int [mailto:Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 8:06 AM
To: Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Cc: Lee, Dennis K (332G); Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr; Tom Gannett

Gian Paolo,

you have a point. We could change the main body text to read:
The ranging signal chip rate shall be frequency coherent with the uplink
carrier as given by the following expression (for k=6 and l
={1,2,…,12,16,32, 64 or 94 } or for l=2 and k={8,9, or 10}).
The value l=94 shall only be used for Ka-band4 uplinks. See also an
example of available chip rates in annex B.

I think it fixes both issues you raised. If Tom agrees, we can proceed
with it.

Regards, Enrico