[Sls-rfm] 401x0rp301 Agency Review conclusion - additional suggestions

Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int
Tue Oct 27 10:45:07 UTC 2020

Dear All,

it was brought to my attention by my colleague Salvador that there might
be an ambiguity with the word "DOR tones" in recommends 15 of REC 2.5.7B.

The ambiguity comes from the fact that, differently from REC 2.5.6B, the
tones are modulated and one may misinterpret this recommends to only
restrict the subcarrier frequency.

I did a global search for tone in REC 2.5.7B. There are 4 occurrences of
which only 1 should stay:

1) Considering B

(b)     that Delta-DOR measurement accuracy for spacecraft transmitting
sinusoidal DOR tones as given in recommendation 2.5.6B can be limited by
spectral mismatching between spacecraft and quasar signals;

This is a legitimate use as it points to REC 2.5.6B

2) Recommends 14

(14)    that the power flux density on the Earth of DOR tones outside the
deep space band shall be limited to ?211 dBW/m2 in the 8 GHz band and
?204 dBW/m2 in the 32 GHz band;

I propose to change "DOR tones" to "the RF DOR signal".

3) Recommends 15

(15)    that no DOR tones in the 31.3‐31.8 GHz band shall be employed.

I propose to change the sentence to "that the RF DOR signal shall not
overlap with the 31.3-31.8 GHz band".

4) Annex A2.1

The measured baseband spectrum was flat within the DOR tone channels, but
after the analog LPF there is approximately 3 dB of power variation across
the 8 MHz PN spectrum.

I propose to change "within the DOR tone channels" to "within the DOR PN
spectra"

Please have a look at my proposals and let me know by the end of the day
if you can accept them. I know it is late but since this recommendation
will stay in the WG until next meeting, I think we can still fix it now.
If you agree, I will make these changes as rev marks to the version that
was distributed yesterday.

Regards,

Enrico