[SLS-OPT] ESA's comments on CNES O3K pink sheets

Artaud Geraldine Geraldine.Artaud at cnes.fr
Mon Feb 22 11:32:37 UTC 2021

Dear All,
Thank you Nicolo for your comments.
I will try to prepare some inputs for the discussion tomorrow.

I wanted to upload  a new version of the pink sheet on the cwe in the folder of the teleconference of 23/02/2020, but it seems that the ccsds website is experiencing some trouble this morning. I will try later in the day.

This new version includes modifications following the feedback we received from the OPT group and also from some industrials. They are mainly:

-          Simplification of the slicer: no zero fill and no alignment of the slicer with the transfert frame. It comes from the will to reduce the complexity at the coding&synch layer. The link initialization and proper closure have to be handled by the transfer frame layer by beginning and closing a link with IDLE packets for example. For non deep-space applications, it is acceptable to have 1 second of idle packets transferred at the beginning and end of a link

-          The LDPC chapter has be rewritten to make more comprehensive for non-coding experts. The steps to construct the matrix are now described, and the encoding process has also be added.

-          Initialization sequence of the pseudorandomizer has been given to avoid misinterpretation

-          The physical layer frame has been also modified. And it is a main update to improve the synchronization process. In the previous version, there was only one synchmarker per interleaved frame. This was a weakness since in case of loss of lock, the reacquisition time could be long. It is now proposed to insert a synchmarker at a constant spacing (defined as a managed parameter) to reduce the reacquisition time. The spacing can be set by the user to range from one codeword length (what is usually done in CCSDS standards) to a completed interleaved block (which is what I presented at the last telco). This new scheme appears to be much robust

The definitions of frame, subframe and idle fame are also more precisely written.

Kind Regards,
Cheers,

Geraldine