[SLS-OPT] Audio/visual method for upcoming SLS-OPT meetings

Braatz, Lena [USA] braatz_lena at bah.com
Tue Aug 25 16:21:18 UTC 2020

Dear SLS-OPT members,

The latest version of WebEx used by NASA no longer allows the meeting scheduler to select "No audio" for all participants. If we continue to use the NASA toll-free phone numbers for audio, meeting participants must manually select the "No Audio" option themselves upon joining the meeting. Since there are now several other options available for virtual meetings, we are polling the SLS-OPT team to see if anyone has a preference for our future meetings. Below are our options; if you have a strong preference regarding the method we use, please email me (braatz_lena at bah.com<mailto:braatz_lena at bah.com>).

  *   OPTION 1: Use WebEx for visual and the NASA toll-free international phone numbers for audio (the way the meeting was conducted today)
     *   Participants must manually select the "No Audio" option when joining the meeting and dial in using the NASA-provided toll-free phone numbers on the telephone
  *   OPTION 2: Use WebEx for audio and visual
     *   Participants will choose from the following options for audio when joining the meeting online:
        *   Audio using their computers
        *   Have WebEx call them on the telephone (only available if the participant is in USA)
        *   Call in on the telephone using WebEx international calling numbers (the phone numbers are visible via a dropdown menu when this choice is selected, but the international numbers are not toll-free)
        *   No audio (no one should choose this option, as no audio will be provided!)
  *   OPTION 3: Use Microsoft Teams for audio and visual
     *   Defaults to using computer for audio; telephone audio may also be possible

Thank you,
Lena

[cid:image001.png at 01D67AC7.9ABBFC60]

Lena Braatz