[SLS-OPT] HPE+O3K(Draft) Combined Physical layer book

Amita.Shrestha at dlr.de Amita.Shrestha at dlr.de
Wed Jun 12 05:53:20 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,
As discussed during our last telecon, please find attached the draft O3K physical layers chapters (5 &6) combined with latest uploaded HPE physical layer book (141x0r1revised-e). It is also uploaded in SLS-OPT/CWE_Private/Draft Documents/Blue Book_Optical Com O3K Physical Layer.
Kindly go through it, and if you have any comments /suggestions in those two chapters, please let me know.

In summary following changes to the  latest HPE book have been made:

1.      Chapter 5 & 6 added for O3K telemetry and beacons signal characterstics.

2.      In Managed parameter, a table similar to that of HPE has been added

3.      In Annex A PROFORMA tables similar to that of HPE have been added

4.      In chapter 1: some suggestions have been made in case the book shall contain both HPE and O3K. But some more updates might be required …. Tbd.

5.      In chapter 2: similar to chapter 1 – OSI layer block diagram is slightly changed – but tbd.

Thank you very much and looking forward to your valuable suggestions.
Best Regards,
Amita