[SLS-OPT] HPE Standard

Jon Hamkins Jon.Hamkins at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 2 18:58:52 UTC 2019

I put the HPE coding & sync layer and HPE phyiscal layer prototype test
reports (Yellow Books) in CWE, under

SLS-OPT/CWE Private/Draft Documents/Blue Book Optical Comm HPE Coding
and Synchronization
SLS-OPT/CWE Private/Draft Documents/Blue Book Optical Comm HPE Physical
Layer

The prototype testing revealed two minor editorial oversights in the
proposed HPE coding standard.  This is described in the coding Yellow
Book.  There was also a request to reword the way the physical layer
frequencies are described in the HPE physical layer book.  (The allowed
frequencies are the same; only the wording has been changed.)  These
updates have also been uploaded to the same folders in CWE.

If everything is in order, I would like to request at the April 16 VITS
for consensus for the working group to issue a resolution to proceed
with publication of the HPE Blue Books.

      ----Jon

--
*Jon Hamkins*