[Sls-ngu] CCSDS SLS-NGU WG Meeting Minutes for Spring 2010 Portsmouth, VA meeting

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Jun 9 05:39:49 EDT 2010

Greg,
        just a comment about the following sentence:
"Note that it does not make sense to use CC(7,1/2) and the BCH code in
Single Error Correction/Double Error Detection (SEC/DED) mode, given that
the BCH code would be easily overwhelmed in that mode by the burst errors
output from the Viterbi decoder."
Even if performances may not be better, agencies may need to use the
proposed concatenation over SEC mode because of other factors (e.g.
backward compatibility, versatility, etc.).
With the clear understanding that all this should be part of the WG
evaluation and work, you may want to soften this sentence pointing to
performances.
For the rest I look forward to receiving your (NASA + CNES) white paper
with CWE project proposal.

Ciao

Gian Paolo

"Kazz, Greg J (313B)" <greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov>
Sent by: sls-ngu-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org
08-06-2010 21:58

"sls-ngu at mailman.ccsds.org" <sls-ngu at mailman.ccsds.org>,
"sls-hru at mailman.ccsds.org" <sls-hru at mailman.ccsds.org>
cc

Subject
[Sls-ngu] CCSDS SLS-NGU WG Meeting Minutes for Spring 2010 Portsmouth, VA
meeting

All,

Attached please find a word version of the DRAFT CCSDS SLS-NGU WG Meeting
Minutes for Spring 2010 Portsmouth, VA meeting.

Please let me know if you have any issues/concerns related to these
minutes and would like to offer any suggestions/changes.

My plan is to publish the final minutes by July 2, 2010.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and good reading!

Greg Kazz
Chairman CCSDS SLP-NGU WG[attachment "SLS-NGU_Spring20010(Minutes)_GK.doc"
deleted by Gian Paolo Calzolari/esoc/ESA]