[Sls-mhdc] MHDCA-1810-5 review CCSDS-121.0-B-3 draft

Roberto.Camarero at esa.int Roberto.Camarero at esa.int
Mon Apr 22 07:43:12 UTC 2019

Dear working group,

I'm sending the following email today to all the implementers that I know and that are probably not subscribed to this mailing list (DSCAL, Airbus, Thalès, UCM, Udri, Deltatec.be, inaf.it...).
Please, feel free to send it to others you may know.

Kind regards

Roberto

Dear implementer of the CCSDS 121.0-B-2 standard (or the CCSDS 123.0-B-1),

The Multi and Hyperspectral Data Compression Working Group (SLS-MHDC) falling under the Space Link Services (SLS) Area of the CCSDS, has identified the need to update the Recommended Standard CCSDS-121.0-B-2 “Lossless Data Compression”.

This update is intended to resolve potential ambiguities in the current version of the standard.

The principle for the intended changes, is to minimize the potential impact of resolving these ambiguities on existing implementations and related documents.

Therefore, your collaboration is fundamental in order to obtain a complete survey of the choices done in all the existing implementations.

We kindly ask you to answer the following survey about your implementation before May 6, 2019.

If your implementation is Hardware (or both HW and SW), please follow this link: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/MY6XS92

If your implementation is Software, please follow this link: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/TKQGZMZ

Thank you very much for your valuable help.

Kind regards,

ESA – European Space Agency
Roberto Camarero
On-board Payload Data Processing Engineer
TEC-EDP / Electrical Engineering Department
ESTEC
Keplerlaan 1, PO box 299,
NL-2200 AG Noordwijk, The Netherlands
roberto.camarero at esa.int | www.esa.int/TEC/OBDP/
T +31 71 56 53508 | F +31 71 56 56791 | Room: Na308

   me --- Re: [Sls-mhdc] MHDCA-1810-5 review CCSDS-121.0-B-3 draft ---
    From:"Roberto Camarero" <Roberto.Camarero at esa.int>To:sls-mhdc at mailman.ccsds.orgDate:Thu, Apr 18, 2019 09:38Subject:Re: [Sls-mhdc] MHDCA-1810-5 review CCSDS-121.0-B-3 draft

 Dear working group,

  As promised in my previous email, you will find below the link for the survey including the list of questions intended for the implementers of the 121.0-B-2 (this should also include all the 123.0 implementers).

  https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/TKQGZMZ

  Please take a look and let me know if you think something is missing or if the questions should be different.

  I'd like to start spreading the survey beginning of next week so that we can compile all the answers before the spring meeting.

  Kind regards,

  Roberto
  ESA – European Space Agency Roberto Camarero On-board Payload Data Processing Engineer
  TEC-EDP / Electrical Engineering Department ESTEC
  Keplerlaan 1, PO box 299,
  NL-2200 AG Noordwijk, The Netherlands
  roberto.camarero at esa.int | www.esa.int/TEC/OBDP/
  T +31 71 56 53508 | F +31 71 56 56791 | Room: Na308

      Roberto.Camarero---04/04/2019 06:27:05 PM---Dear working group, As for MHDCA-1810-5 (d) "follow-up with current implementers", we are