[Sls-ocm] Charter draft for OCM working goup

Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int
Fri Jul 23 09:12:15 EDT 2010

Dear Nicolas,
thank you for the draft.

As an ESA SIG member, it is my opinion that the creation of a new WG is
still premature, while the SIG should first finish the work it was
supposed to do.
In particular, I believe that the SIG should finalize the white book on
"Optical coding and modulation". Eventually, once the material is more
mature, a Green Book may be delivered.

In any case, some more time and supporting material will be necessary to
understand whether ESA can partecipate to the work, due to the internal
approval process.
I would suggest coming back to this at the London meeting, after the
technical discussions are over.

Best regards,
Massimo

P.S. By the way, at the Virginia Beach meeting I raised a number of
objections to the assumptions put forward for some of the scenarios, i.e.
LEO-ground, but I couldn't find any trace of them
         in the minutes.

Massimo Bertinelli
Communication Systems Engineer
ESA/Estec

Tel. +31 (0)71 5653435

<Nicolas.Perlot at dlr.de>
Sent by: sls-com-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org
04/07/2010 13:56

<sls-com at mailman.ccsds.org>
cc

Subject
[Sls-ocm] Charter draft for OCM working goup

Dear Lasercom people,

Find attached a draft of the charter for the creation of a CCSDS working
group "Optical coding and modulations".
Please send me your feedback within 3 weeks (till July, 26th). If your
agency is a CCSDS member agency, check whether it indeed supports the
specific scenarios as established in the last column of the scenario
table.

Regards,

Nicolas Perlot
Chair of the SIG "OCM"
[attachment "Proposed_Charter_OCM_WG.doc" deleted by Massimo
SLS-COM mailing list
SLS-COM at mailman.ccsds.org