[SLS-CC] Fw: CCSDS 732 section 4.1.2.6 Header Error Control

Jon Hamkins Jon.Hamkins at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 20 17:53:12 UTC 2021

The graceful deprecation is a promising idea. In addition to adding the
"not recommended for new design" clause, it would be helpful to specify
the value and position of the virtual fill, which could be set to match
what the EU missions are currently doing. I assume it is the same as the
method in the 131.0-B-3 book (all zeroes, at the beginning of the
codeword), but it would be good to clarify.

      ----Jon

*Jon Hamkins*
Chief Technologist, Communications, Tracking, and Radar Division
*O* 818-354-4764 (preferred)   | *M* 626-658-6220 (does not work at home)

*JPL*   |   jpl.nasa.gov