[SLS-CC] Joint CCSDS C&S and SLP WG telecon

Andrea.Modenini at esa.int Andrea.Modenini at esa.int
Wed Sep 15 08:38:00 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,
 I hope this finds you well.

In liaison with the SLS-SLP WG chairs, we decided to organise a joint
session telco on 30th September with details as below (at 16.00-17.30 CET)
regarding the following two topics:

  1 To ensure both of our WGs are in sync with respect to the SLE Return
Link Service PIDs are respective WGs have submitted
  2.  How are Variable Length Frames (VLFs) on the Space to Ground Link
intended to work given the current set of  channel codes defined for them
in TM Sync & CC (131.0-B)

This meeting is due to the fact that recently, at CESG pool, the following
Blue Books  (done by CSS-CSTS)  were sent for publication:
-911.2 - SLE-RAF
-911.1 - SLE-RCF
-911.5- SLE-ROCF
-912.1 - SLE- FCLTU
-912.3 - SLE-FSP

The SLS AD identified that the documents had a number of technical
discrepancies, in particular concerning the adoption of TC channel coding
for Space-to-Earth, and variable-length frames.
For this reason the documents were Disapproved, and a cooperation with
SLS-SLP and C&S was recommended. Additionally, PID/RID were sent to the
CSS-CSTS.

In view of the meeting, you can find in attachment the Blue Books files,
while the list of PID/RID can be found at https://tinyurl.com/crwyuyak

Please feel free to reach me or Ken in case you need additional
clarification

Regards

ESA - European Space Agency
Ph.D. Andrea Modenini
TT&C Communications Systems Engineer
TT&C and PDT Systems & Techniques Section (TEC-EST)
RF Systems Division
ESTEC
Keplerlaan 1, PO Box 299
NL-2200 AG Noordwijk, The Netherlands
andrea.modenini at esa.int | www.esa.int
T +31 71 56 53439, M +31 6 484 56 527
----- Forwarded by Andrea Modenini/estec/ESA on 15-09-21 09:49 -----

Joint CCSDS C&S and SLP WG telecon

Thu 30-09-2021 16:00 - 17:30

Attendance isfor Andrea Modenini

Chair:
sls-cc at mailman.ccsds.org

Sent by:
"SLS-CC" <sls-cc-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>

Location:
WebEx;
https://jpl.webex.com/jpl/j.php?MTID=m0998a8bb483857106352924f57f576c9

Required:
sls-slp at mailman.ccsds.org, sls-cc at mailman.ccsds.org
Time zones:
This entry was created in a different time zone.  The time in that time
zone is: Thu 30-09-2021 7:00 PDT8:30 PDT

Meeting: Joint CCSDS C&S WG and SLP WG Telecon in preparation for the
Fall CCSDS Meetings in October 2021

Topics:

  1.  To ensure both of our WGs are in sync with respect to the SLE Return
Link Service PIDs are respective WGs have submitted
  2.  How are Variable Length Frames (VLFs) on the Space to Ground Link
intended to work given the current set of  channel codes defined for them
in TM Sync & CC (131.0-B)

Background:

Several of us are participating in the review of the followingl SLE blue
books (SLE RAF, SLE RCF, SLE ROCF, SLE FCLTU, SLE FSP). We have found
several discrepancies in these documents and want to ensure that our WGs
are on the same page with respect to our inputs to the CSTS WG.

A separate issue which seems to be mixed into the review of these return
SLE documents is the issue of the appropriate use of variable length
frames (VLFs) on the return link. The SLP WG asserts that the TM Sync
& CC blue book Chapter 8 (LDPC Slicing) already provides the option to
slice fixed or variable length transfer frames on the space to ground
link. Perhaps it would make sense to explicitly state that both fixed and
variable length USLP frames are supported by this approach in that 131.0
document. We believe currently the text in Chapter 8 implies this is a
true statement for variable length frames as well. We would like to
discuss the options available with the C&S WG.

Also note that on the Proximity link, variable length prox-1 transfer
frames are currently being sliced on the return proximity link per the
Prox-1 C&S blue book (211.2).

Best regards,

Greg Kazz & Matt Cosby
CCSDS SLS WG

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --

When it's time, join your Webex meeting here.

Join meeting<
https://jpl.webex.com/jpl/j.php?MTID=m0998a8bb483857106352924f57f576c9>

More ways to join:

Join from the meeting link
https://jpl.webex.com/jpl/j.php?MTID=m0998a8bb483857106352924f57f576c9

Join by meeting number
Meeting number (access code): 2763 538 3952
Meeting password: 62jyQvmGqZ3

Join by phone
+1-510-210-8882 USA Toll
Global call-in numbers<
https://jpl.webex.com/jpl/globalcallin.php?MTID=m23c954c497c52dee254fba05944b1819

Join from a video system or application
Dial 27635383952 at jpl.webex.com<sip:27635383952 at jpl.webex.com>
You can also dial 207.182.190.20 and enter your meeting number.

If you are a host, click here<
https://jpl.webex.com/jpl/j.php?MTID=mee2935655b674ab336336d8d8182579b> to
view host information.

Need help? Go to https://help.webex.com -