[SLS-CC] CCSDS-130.1-G3 Figure 7.9. Turbo 1/6 FER curve. Simulation or measure. Demodulator included.

Ricard.Abello at esa.int Ricard.Abello at esa.int
Mon Nov 15 10:12:22 UTC 2021

Dear Ken,

we are currently making some measurements at very low rates (195 sps)  of
our Turbo 1/6 BL 8920 decoder and demodulator (NRZ-L on subcarrier) with
50 iterations.
We are getting results that are on top of the curve in CCSDS-130.1-G3
Figure 7.9 Turbo 1/6 FER curve (*).
The measurements we get seem too good (even for 50 iterations) , so we
wonder if the values on figure 7.9 were simulation results, or were
measurements with a real decoder and demodulator.
I know it is a very long time ago when these curves were obtained, but it
would be very helpful to know.

(*) BER and FER Performance for Rate 1/2, 1/4, 1/3, and 1/6 Turbo Codes
with Block Size 8920 Bits, Measured from JPL DSN Turbo Decoder, 10
Iterations

Thank you very much and best regards

Ricard Abelló
+49 (0) 6151 903170