[SLS-CC] Alignment to 401.0-B for DVB-S2X and SCCC-X orange books and for pink sheets to SCCC and DVB-S2

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Mon May 31 09:26:19 UTC 2021

Thank you, Enrico.

Gilles and I are still performing the last check before issuing the
relevant Area Resolution.
CESG and CMC poll will then start later also depenging on Tom's queue.

The DVB-S2X sentence you refer to is in section 1.2 PURPOSE (see snapshot)

and you propose to amend it according to a sentence we have in the SCCC
(proposed) pink sheets section 2.1 ARCHITECTURE (see second snapshot)

Before a final conclusion is reached I want to remark that
1) the pink sheets for DVB-S2 (
https://public.ccsds.org/Lists/CCSDS%201313P11/131x3p11.pdf ) misses a
similar statement
2) the published of SCCCX (  https://public.ccsds.org/Pubs/131x21o1.pdf )
also misses any reference to 401.0-B and theferore also a similar
statement

Having said this, I have the following questions (to everybody):
a) should a RID to DVB-S2 pink sheets request a statement similar to the
one in SCCC (proposed) pink sheets to refer to 401.0-B?
b) should DVB-S2X add a statement similar to the one in SCCC (proposed)
pink sheets to refer to 401.0-B?
c) should SCCC-X add [e.g. via Editorial Corrigendum] a statement similar
to the one in SCCC (proposed) pink sheets to refer to 401.0-B?

Thank you all for any opinion (and sorry for increasing the entropy :o)

Gian Paolo

PS Since SCCC-X is now published at
https://public.ccsds.org/Pubs/131x21o1.pdf , I also updated the strategic
plan for this.
Andrea, Ken, can you please check the strategic plan at
https://cwe.ccsds.org/fm/sp/Lists/SLSLinks/AllItems.aspx ?