[SLS-CC] [EXTERNAL] Reconfirmation of CCSDS 130.1-G-2 TM Synchronization and Channel Coding--Summary of Concept and Rationale. Green Book -> DEADLINE 27 March

Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int
Thu Mar 14 10:08:19 UTC 2019

Jon,

regarding the first point, yes, glad to, in case Nasa is planning to
provide any material. In the past, when discussing about it, it was
pointed out that
there is no difference in performance between sliced or not sliced LDPC
(slicing is indeed applied at the incoming frames, the codes stay the
same).
If you confirm instead that this is the case and you want to submit new
material, by all means. In this case I expect we will need to submit a
concept
paper to CESG...but for now it's enough to know that some new work is
expected.

Regarding the second point, you may have seen the reply I already sent to
Victor.
You may or may not be aware, but this topic has been discussed very
extensively in the past, we did reach a consensus (involving C&S and RFM
WGs)
about a possible text...but then a different text was proposed last year
and we are now at a stalemate.

Massimo

Massimo Bertinelli
Communication Systems Engineer