[Sis-mia] Updates and Status

Grubbs, Rodney P. (MSFC-AS50)[EMERITUS PROGRAM] rodney.p.grubbs at nasa.gov
Wed May 31 14:07:25 UTC 2023

Hey gang, hope all are well. Can I get a status on the following (reference previous email for context):

DLR Jeremy and NASA Josh have an ACTION to plan and conduct an additional Interoperability test, this time to include measuring effects of packet loss and jitter (where does it break?), and, if possible, the impact to the bundle size when streaming at various bandwidths.

 DLR Jeremy and NASA Josh have an ACTION to provide updated drawings to Walt.

I gave an ACTION to NASA’s Jeremey Myers and Jennifer Christopher to do a level of effort assessment for re-writing the Green Book to provide the rationale for the Digital Motion Imagery Blue Book.

Mike Kearney pointed out from my Spring Meetings summary email that I forgot to mention we had a discussion with the folks from SANA about hosting our reference files should we move forward with a Video Quality Assessment Blue Book.

I had a meeting with the Wireless Working Group week before last. They are interested in our Video Quality Assessment work. Their interest is in defining what specs are required of a wireless link to ensure quality video transmission. I think there is synergy between our efforts and theirs. I agreed we would set up a call in June to discuss further. Once I better understand my own schedule over the next two weeks I’ll set that up.

Finally, we failed to discuss one of Ignacio’s conditions for approval of our RTP over DTN Blue Book:

His condition:
 2. Introduce managed information as for instance done in Annex F of
    the Bundle Protocol BB.

And further explanation from Ignacio:
The Annex F of the Bundle Protocol BB was an example that I thought could be used as guidance for the definition of a similar annex in this BB as well.
Is there any managed information identified in this protocol?
Right now, my understanding is there is none since none was documented.
Usually, we find managed information in CCSDS protocols.

I could use some help with this one. DLR/Jeremy and NASA/Josh, is there any managed information that we need to document?

Actionees, please replay all with an update as soon as you’re able.

Thanks!

“Live Life Forward”
Rodney Grubbs, NASA Emeritus
Chair, CCSDS Motion Imagery & Applications Working Group
Deputy Area Director, Space Internetworking Services Area
931-229-6030 (Personal phone)

Note: I retired from NASA on March 31, 2023. My Emeritus status only relates to supporting NASA/MSFC’s CCSDS matters.