[Sis-mia] Updated Yellow Book and ACTION

Grubbs, Rodney P. (MSFC-EO50) rodney.grubbs at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 31 20:37:57 UTC 2014

All, attached is our updated Yellow Book.  Recall that our strategy is to prove interoperability by citing either common use of international standards referenced in our Red Book (such as h.264 transport streams) or use on the ISS and between the ISS and various control centers.  Since JPEG2000 transport is not yet standardized it is not included as normative text in our Red Book and therefore not included in the Yellow Book.

ACTION to all:  Please review the book, particularly sections 5 & 6 where we go through the various use case scenarios and document their use within NASA, JAXA, ESA and/or RSA.  I need MIA WG reps from those organizations to verify and confirm that the references in sections 5 & 6 are accurate.

Recognizing that many of you will soon be taking vacations during August, I'd like to request confirmation by September 19th!

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.  I will likely set up a teleconference for the week of September 22 to review.  I'm hopeful that we'll be able to request that we proceed to publication of our Red Book to Blue by the end of that week!

Thanks!
*****
Rodney Grubbs
NASA Imagery Experts Program Manager
MSFC EO50
256-544-4582
256-603-3270 (cellular, text message capable)
Follow me on Twitter @rod4dtv