[Sis-exec] Need to update your WG charters. See attached.

Durst, Robert C. durst at mitre.org
Fri Apr 8 11:14:23 EDT 2005

As I indicated in an earlier note, there was much discussion within the
joint CESG/CMC meeting today regarding working groups, BOFs, and resource
availability.  There is concern that we have 24 active working groups and 8
BOFs, and none seem to be going away.  (They were very happy that SIS is
trying to follow the spirit of the restructuring, and put WGs out of
business as they finish their work.)

The new process requires updates to WG charters only annually.  The WG
charter format is essentially unchanged, although for multi-year working
groups, please do a resource table per year.

There will be an increased emphasis on monitoring progress to the plan.
There will likely be some standard template for reporting this progress, so
stay tuned.  (The CMC likes the standard format presentations.)

Glad this is over for now...

Durst

Please note that on 15 April 2005, MITRE's Washington telephone exchange
will change from 883- to 983-.  Accordingly, my office and facsimile
telephone numbers will change as follows:

Office:  703 983-7535 (was 703 883-7535)
Fax:     703 983-7142 (was 703 883-7142)