[Sis-dtn] IP networking within DTN-based protocol architectures

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Fri Mar 8 11:30:52 UTC 2024

The more I think about this, the less I like trying to manage off-Earth IP
networks remotely. I think I would much rather see native applications
running over BP. In any case we need to develop standard APIs for BP, such
as the Sockets interface for Linux/Unix/Posix.

We do need to figure out how IP-based and BP-based applications interwork.
What do Domain Names mean in the BP context for example.