[Sis-dtn] Clean version of the CCSDS BPv7 Red Book draft

Tomaso.deCola at dlr.de Tomaso.deCola at dlr.de
Fri May 13 07:59:17 UTC 2022

Dear Beau,

Thank you for sharing the clean version. Just a few quick comments on the CLA annex:

  1.  For UDPCLA, shall we point to RFC 7122?
  2.  As mentioned by Felix, we should have dedicated text for EPP and SPP. Let's take also into account (probably with a note) that with the new version of SPP there exists no dedicated APID for BP or LTP. On the contrary, EPP has dedicated protocol identifiers (available also in SANA) for pointing to BP or LTP.
  3.  I'm not quite sure that we can add a USLPCLA since so far (i.e. for what available in the current USLP spec), the UPID defined in USLP TFZ points only to EPP or SPP. Then BP/LTP has to be encapsulated over either of these two, but cannot go directly into USLP. If we see relevant to have direct encapsulation, I think we should pass this requirement to Greg and the SLP folks to see if they can accommodate this into a new version of USLP. After that we can have a dedicated USLPCLA, otherwise I'm afraid the BPv7 would be inconsistent with the current USLP spec in this respect.
  4.  It is stated that the largest bundle over LTP cannot be more than 4GB: where does this requirement come from?

Thank you for the clarification,

Tomaso