[Sis-dtn] LTP Updates

Dr. Keith L Scott kscott at mitre.org
Fri Sep 10 15:01:02 UTC 2021

Here’s what I have for the LTP updates for v2:

https://cwe.ccsds.org/fm/wiki/Lists/SISDTN%20LTP%20Update%202021/AllItems.aspx#InplviewHashe8dd3172-b197-44b7-83be-484afdf673fc=ShowInGrid%3DTrue
Blocks are either all red or all green.
Simplifies things; nobody seems to have been enamored of mixed-color blocks anyway, AND putting the EOB for a mixed-colored block on a green segment is problematic anyway.
No mention of interleaving LTP segments from different green blocks
Leave it up to implementations.
Remove LTP security
In favor of some combination of SDLS / BPsec
Remove Service Data Aggregation from the LTP spec
Consensus opinion; if clients want to do aggregation, good on them but it's their business how to multiplex /demultiplex SDA into / out of LTP blocks.
Remove LTP Header / Trailer Extensions
Use small (probably green) blocks if you want to.
Retransmission cycle limit should clearly state how to deal with discretionary checkpoints
RFC5326 w.r.t. RTx cycle limit.  Description was not really normative.  Can we come up with some clarifying text and see if we want to make it normative?
LTP Orange
Carlo and/or Scott to draft some text for consideration
Leverage a 'field length identifier' value (single number, probably used as an index into a lookup table) that identifies the lengths of all fields in the LTP segment
ESA doing some prototyping.

Working revised text now…

                                --keith