[Sis-dtn] Draft Red book for Network Management

Dr. Keith L Scott kscott at mitre.org
Mon Mar 1 16:09:39 UTC 2021

All,

Attached is a draft Red Book for the CCSDS Profile of the Asynchronous Management Protocol.  This is pretty much a straight translation of the -08 internet draft with the addition of a service specification in section 3.

Given Kiyo’s discussion at the last telecon w.r.t. IOAG priorities and schedules, this may be early, and we MIGHT be able to wait in CCSDS until the NM draft achieves RFC status before standardizing within CCSDS (in which case we may be able to largely reference the RFC), but the attached should serve as a guide either way.

There are some TBDs and questions, especially w.r.t. the service specification.  I don’t think there’s a strong discussion of how a user interacts with a network manager (e.g.: getting a list of the registered agents seems to be an assumed capability).  I tried to cast the service spec as the notional ‘bare-bones’ specification where the implementation of the service spec could be quite different (in particular w.r.t. indications received at the manager).  We can work these as time permits on the telecons/meetings as we track the IETF progress.

                        v/r,

                        --keith