[Sis-dtn] SIS-DTN Meeting schedule update

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Tue Oct 14 11:57:30 UTC 2014

Hey,

Since we're going to be starting work on NM, I managed to get a few hours of joint time with the SM&C Working Group on Thursday at 13:30.  My goal here is to figure out what the interfaces / interactions would be with SM&C as applies to a Network Management Protocol like the DTNMP.  I *think* the relevant document from their side is the "Mission Operations Monitor & Control Services<http://public.ccsds.org/sites/cwe/rids/Lists/CCSDS%205221R3/Overview.aspx>" document that went out for Agency review in March of this year.  The Message Abstraction Layer (MAL)<http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/521x0b2e1.pdf> and Common Object Model<http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/521x1b1.pdf> books also come into play.

My proposal is going to be to open with a presentation from our side on what we're trying to do with DTN NM and where we are now (dtnmp and I'll snarf some slides from one of Dr. Birrane's pesentations), then have SM&C talk about how the SM&C stuff works and then we can have a group discussion on how the two fit together (or don't).

I'll update the agenda on the CCSDS site in a bit, this is just a quick heads-up.

If people could have a look at the documents above with a filter of 'how does this interact with DTN NM' and get me any questions by say Tuesday of next week I'll aggregate them and forward them to SM&C to try to make the best use of the face-to-face time (Mario's suggestion, which I think is a good one).

                        --keith